Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Nigel Begins Deleting Posts

  1. #11
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex didn't even give advice, SEE?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Assumptions can be very dangerous things......

    There were no personal attacks made but I could see it turning into that. So, I welcome all to post your opinions on the Stickies topics.

    However, if you stray away from the subject matter or don't actually add anything that is constructive in some way they will be deleted and you can re-post them on the main portion of the board.

    It is a simple rule to follow and it will do nothing to hamper the free discussion of material and ideas.

    Good Luck

  3. #13
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by reved:
    Alex didn't even give advice, SEE?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Exactly right Reved, I wasn't asked. If I had been, I would have. Kev, your position doesn't make sense to me because Nigel first deleted my friendly advice and then posted comments about hostile or aggressive posts.

    If my post was neither, then he simply could have responded to it.

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No, EVERYBODY was, in that thread asking how stickys work, where you should have originally posted suggestions & help. NOT in an already established (on-topic) sticky that Nigel was apparently still unaccustomed to.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mmm... filmmaking. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner Tard's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 13th, 2001
    Posts
    2,286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL!

    Naw, this is just Alex trying to spew philosophical about 'censorship' again, and/or bringing another board gripe here.

  7. #17
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by reved:
    No, EVERYBODY was, in that thread asking how stickys work, where you should have originally posted suggestions & help. NOT in an already established (on-topic) sticky that Nigel was apparently still unaccustomed to.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Your still missing the point. The point was, is and shall remain that Nigel wants to delete the sticky topics when the information becomes "outdated".

    All I did was let Nigel know that he can unsticky the topic instead of deleting it. How in anyway is that hostile? I was beginning very polite because frankly, even if a topic becomes "outdated" it still serves as a reference point if members want to compare features on newer cameras versus older cameras.

    Instead of me formulating a hostile response and saying how misguided deleting the topic would be, I simply offered new information that would allow Nigel to unsticky a topic when he feels it no longer needs to be a sticky.

    Instead of being thanked or simply acknowledged, the post was deleted and Nigel started a new post about "hostile posting". It seems to me that Nigel doesn't appreciate additional information once he has made up his mind. There have been a couple of times where Nigel made mistakes about how to compare pricing between 16mm versus Super-8 that he just ignored. Even when another completely random observer noticed the same thing, Nigel let his statement stand without any correction. Now there has been a regression to the point where when one offers information to help clear up a situation, it is viewed as hostile and the post is deleted.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 07, 2004 10:36 AM: Message edited by: Alex ]</font>

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex--

    If you think that the post was directed towards you then--You are Paranoid. No where are you mentioned. No where have your previous posts been deleted. No where has your ideas been censored in any way.

    The fact is what you posted on the thread was not directly related to the topic for which the thread was started.

    So get off it......This is not an Alex Witch-Hunt.

    Good Luck

  9. #19
    Inactive Member GREATwarEAGLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2002
    Posts
    530
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This thread is titled: Nigel Begins Deleting Posts

    I'm waiting for this thread:
    Xale si nnaedb

    (I scrambled it for fun [img]biggrin.gif[/img] )

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Xendar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    268
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm not trying to cause trouble but, who appointed Nigel moderator? Was there a vote? I've been reading this forum (and contributing now and again) for well over 12 months but never noticed anything mentioned about a new moderator.

    For as long as I can remember this forum didn't have a moderator and got on just fine. Already it seems to have ruffled a few feathers.

    I don't know about you guys but those stickies are beginning to annoy me always at the top of the list. They certainly aren't of any interest to me. The other thing that worries me is the fact that Nigel has the power to delete whatever he deems not to be relevent to the sticky topics. Not that I'm having a go at Nigel, I don't even know him - I'm sure he's a nice guy.

    Also, are the stickies that relevent to a forum called "eXposure's 'Guerilla Film-Maker's Forum'"?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •